Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April Highs and Lows

The Highs and lows we find ourselves in, never fail to amaze me. Today has been a heavenly day on many levels and also a reflective, sad day. I received my council tax bill - late! £74 a month now and this has increased by a tenner each month! Mind you, it's cheaper than when I lived with my ex, cos I get single person's allowance, which I guess helps quite a bit really. Council tax aside, I went into the city to buy a new jacket for when I go away with my youngest son to Edale. I met up with a dear friend, who recently moved to Australia but who's now back in the UK because of her partner's stupid,selfish, egocentric behaviour. What is it with some men and their tendencies to be selfish little boys who quite frankly, never seem to grow up? What is it? Please men, enlighten me will you?

Anyway she's had to move back to the UK with no furniture, belongings and the like and is missing her ex terribly but can't go back to the situation and his lying. I felt like crying for her because I could really sense her feelings of loss and sadness. She's had a tough old time of it really throughout her adult life and I'm sort of worried about her but I feel she'll make a new start and do OK. She's managed to find a place in Glastonbury to live and will be around like-minded people that's for sure..She's a deeply spiritual person and I know she'll connect with others like her pretty well.
So although she shed tears and looked so sad, we agreed there's a light at the end of this chaos and that hopefully her path will be a smoother one for the future.

It was lovely to see her in the short time that we were together and I think we'll actually build more on our own friendship, which is always a good thing.

On walking through the city, early evening, I was pleasantly taken in by the beauty of the sunshine against the lovely old buildings and the stillness that one finds at this time of the day.I love the new fountain and the new square, it's so open, refreshing and welcoming in many respects.
As I sat on the bus, on my way home, I noticed the most beautiful cherry blossom trees in full bloom..sparkling their colours. Gosh, blossom is just so gorgeous..it makes me want to run underneath it and look up at it forever more! If I ever get married in this lifetime, then I want a spring wedding, under cherry blossom, in the early evening..Wow!

No comments: