Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweat and Paper Phallus

Lovely weekend for me. A, cycled over 20 miles to visit me Friday night which I thought was very admirable and sweet..He made me laugh cos he didn't bring a change of clothes to mine and was sweaty and hot..wanted to wash his clothes and thus, birthday suit became part of the equation! Spent a sweet night with him and reluctantly had to drag myself out of bed so that I could get stuff sorted for my friends coming over to mine for an outdoor summer gathering..

Don't you just love being around good friends, sat in the garden, drinking wine, watching dusk fall to dawn? How lovely. We got an ace fire going and my Artist friend Anna, who I did some art paper project work with, wanted to do a ceremonial burning of all of the paper models we made... here's a link to the project..

http://standingroom.org/blogs/re-form/2008/06/10/paper-days-sara/
My model? A gigantic paper phallus! It took a while to burn and was a shame to see it go but hey, it's only paper!

Check my photo of Sacrificial phallus burning!


2 comments:

Furtheron said...

Didn't bring a change of clothes... that old one ;-)

Aunt Jackie said...

God I wish I had been there!!! :)