Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wondering through....

Today I decided to take myself for a wonder and a bike ride out in nature and to visit a photography exhibition, namely the Jerwood Photography winner exhibition at Djanogly Art Gallery. I was struck by the photos in this exhibition but especially liked Sophie Gerrards photojournalism about e waste in India and the problems this is causing for poorer people over there, really tragic stuff. Dana Popa's photos of the sex trafficking industry in Moldovia also really struck me in a profound way; powerful, moving and sad images giving the viewer glimpses of this disgusting industry and what it's doing to young women. I'd urge anyone with a conscience about such issues to check these two women's works out..

I took a wonder through some woodland and collected some old wooden branches that had fallen to the ground, to use as firewood in my garden fire.

I've thought a lot about A, I'm waking up with that awful sinking feeling you get when you miss someone. I know that we got on really well together and this is the tradegy really, when you spend time and energy with someone to have it taken away and indeed, be told truths which are disheartening and upsetting..I know I'm a full on person but I also want people, who I feel fond of, to feel 'loved' or indeed, 'thought about'. Maybe this is too much for him and thus, why he chose to fly away and change hsi direction..and of course cos I'm older, maybe not as attractive as younger women, all of those stupid insecurities we feel when something or someone you have strong feelings for, wonders...

So, a better day today but it has to be said, the yearn in my heart is strong and I need to try and contain it as best as I can. However, this is not all doom and gloom, I've been inspired to design a project about my experiences of love and desire, which I'm really enjoying working through and indeed, is a cathartic and therapeutic experience..Only read if you can handle DEEP and perosnal emotions

No comments: