Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ethical thoughts and dilemmas

In a quandry and confused, one could say. As a mother of two boys and a single parent, I sometimes get the feeling that people look down on me and indeed, when it comes to affairs of the heart, men don't want the 'baggage' that goes along with being a single mother. Fair enough, I say but I'm hardly on the lookout for a potential father for my boys - they both have fathers and both see their fathers regularly. I guess what I'm saying is, I sometimes get the feeling that women in this position are deemed as unworthy on some levels..

Also, is it ethical and indeed fair, for someone who a person may be sharing intimate times with, to be going away with their ex for a few days? I'd be interested to hear others' views about this because I don't think it's appropriate or indeed considerate of the other person's feelings. I know some ex's are good friends and the like but this just doesn't sit right..Hmm I look forward to your thoughts about this...
?????????

5 comments:

The Preacherman said...

All down to trust and stuff babe. If you have a worthwhile relationship with a man he will trust you to go away with an ex and the kids.

If you aren't sure is it because you aren't sure of your relationship with your man and your ex?

Only ever do what you're comfortable doing otherwise you won't enjoy it so what's the point?

Advice from a pisshead so possibly not to be taken seriously eh? ;-)

Greg said...

Hi Sara, What some people might think is not the question. As men go, you obviously are not dating the right men. I for one would not be bothered by you being a single mother, but would only judge you on your merits.

The real question is are you confusing your children; depending on their age, that's where your energy should go. Finally, it's to bad that you're in the UK and I'm on the West Coast, USA.

I don't doubt that there's a man for such an expressive, intelligent and beautiful woman, so don't worry needlessly. Revel in the knowledge that you're shaping and building two children's lives.

Sincerely,
Greg

Sara said...

Thanks Guys

@Manic Preacher - it's someone I care about who's going away with his ex..and I don't wuite know what to think??

@Greg, thanks for the sweet comments..I feel the same as you re.kids- eg. If I met a guy who had child responsibilities, I wouldn't see this as baggage or an issue, I'd help where I could and be supportive..you've positively touched me today! Thanks :-)

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Not appropriate.

At all.

Full stop.

Sara said...

Thanks Dan and in my heart, these are my sentiments too! Thanks for reinforcing what I think and feel..