Monday, September 01, 2008

Festival High and Hometime Low

Had a wonderful end to the summer by the last minute decision to go to the OTT festival, which is always a good one. I felt I needed to get away and let my hair down especially because I have been constantly pondering the thought of the 'man' going away with his X this week. This is not a nice thought by any stretch of the imagination and although he's tried to console me about stuff, I just don't know.
It feels inconsiderate and uncaring really and because of this, my rebellious head kicked in and said 'party time'. AND, party time it was. I loved to see Dreadzone and Eat Static - they were amazing and Dreadzone still punch it out on a political level which is always a good thing..I hardly slept all weekend and thus, crashed at work yesterday and became all anxious about the man being away..as you can well imagine!
I guess this means that I may need to now detach really. I don't want further anxieties and worries, especially when ,my birthday is slow approaching..I want peace in my heart and my mind for sure.

I also felt low when I read the newspaper, dear me, an economic crisis that's the worse one for 60 years! I feel for those people whose businesses and homes are being swallowed up as we speak..the way we are living is so unsustainable and something really radical has to change, in my honest opinion.

One positive note, I go to se Linton Kwesi Johnson perform in October and I can't wait! I love this man and what he talks about. I love his politics, observations and challenges to the system and thank God for those who still speak out about unfair systems and practices..

So the man, what to do? I'm confused and I'm supposed to feel OK but it's not an easy one by any stretch of the imagination..and not a healthy feeling after the wonderful time I had at the festival.BAH!!!!

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

with regard to the man...

detach would be my advice. You've obviously pointed out that you're not happy with the situation if he persists with it then you have to say politely "Sorry but it's not something I'm happy about"

A mate of mine thinks soon the capatalist model will change to a more altruistic model. Hmm - I'm less convinced about that personally - I just see so much greed about

Sara said...

Yeps, that seems the best advice indeed FOUTR! Thanks and Capitalism? yeps, peeps are greedy but something has to give with such wealth divides in this day and age..ridiculous really..