Monday, May 25, 2009

Hip Manchester





Manchester, what a brill vibe going on this city! My 4 day break with the man was wonderful! The place feels sort of cosmopolitan and happening on so many levels. Of course the place also has its fair share of social problems and poverty as any other city in the UK but I actually really enjoyed my time there and loved the relaxed and buzzing feeling.
The photos? The pillars? this is a night view of Manchester Art Gallery - a brill gallery with some great works including Henry Moore, Lowry, Mogliadini to name a few. Visiting the art gallery with the new man was a treat and a beautiful and romantic experience.
The marble pillar? This is the man's local pub and apparently, used to be a bank - such a grand and beautiful building this is for sure.

The kissers? the man and me of course..

We had a great time. Walking around a large reservoir and canal, visiting the gallery, a Chinese meal out in Chinatown followed by some rauccous dancing at a brill little venue called The Tiger Lounge - playing kitsch and retro sounds..right up my street! On arrival back to the man's area at 5am, we decided to head straight home, although we were tempting each other to head to a near reservoir to watch the sun rise .BUT too much booze and tiredness deterred us though and I'm sure we'll do this another time when on my next visit and we also think we'll head skinny dipping in the reservoir - hopefully we won't get arrested!

Leaving him was hard today, really choked me up but I know that when Friday comes, he'll be zooming his way up to my open arms again and I really await to be in his arms again!

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

lucky you

Sara said...

Lucky me indeed, the man is a STAR! A true gent and I would go so far as to say, the best thing that has EVER happened to me..I know it's early days but by God, is he the most romantic and beautiful soul to have crossed my path!Almost like I've been waiting for this and he's come across my path right at the right moment! I hope that we have many more times of love!

Aunt Jackie said...

Totally lucky... that is a great pic. I am so jealous of that "moment" and what you must've been feeling right then... right back to "Z" that takes me.

"The Man" is cute!!!