Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Quiet, Sacrificial Weekend!


Well, bloody hell..my first 'quiet' weekend for ages! Yesterday consisted of a trip to the cinema with my son and his cousin. Last night consisted of almost being tempted to go to the 'Highness' night, at the Fleece in Nottingham. But no, Dear Reader I was good. I declined the offer. I sacrificed a night of going out, for a night of staying in. I kept warm in my bed and watched The Wicker Man - The director's cut. I drank brandy coffees in an attempt to ward off my flu!
I love The Wicker Man; the symbolism within it is wonderful, the way it questions mainstream Christianity is interesting and the women in it are amazingly beautiful! I do hope though Dear Reader, that you realise that the naked Britt Eckland (Willow) scene, where her back is turned and she's pounding the wall, is actually a body double. A body double! (Rumour has it that Britt didn't want to show the bottom half!!) I also love Edward Woodward in this film, he's so good at acting the Puritan and denouncing all things Pagan! And Christopher Lee dressed up as a woman? Hmmm no comment there!
So all in all reader, I had a relaxing time of it but indeed dear reader, I enjoyed all things sacrificial..

1 comment:

Sara said...

Linda Bellingham? trying to think what she was in...was she a hammer house actress?