Thursday, February 09, 2006

Strange man, on a dark night, in a long coat with punky hair.

Well dear reader, I haven't posted for some time. Indeed I'm starting to get a little bored of cyberspace at the moment and have even considered becoming 'null and void' in the unrealistic world of the internet. However, I'm inspired to write again tonight about my funny experiences at Jongleurs last week and afterwards.
Jongleurs was full of hen parties, loud lads and not many people that caught my eye. I'm not talking about men here neither! Just people per-se!
I took a stash of handbag vodka dear reader as I'm skint!! I necked that back in no less than 2 hours and started to feel lary, dear reader. Lary at the comedians, lary at the people in there, lary at people who have, in one way or another, fucking pissed me off and taken liberties, lary at my mate for going there for her birthday. Plain fucking selfishly lary!! Lary about the fact that my Mum passed away so young and left me. Fucking lary!!
Lariness aside...My mate managed to puke up under the table due to the bottle of red she had quaffed in an hour. My mate managed to block out the last and indeed best, of the comedians. The last comedian was GOOD!!Very good!! I heckled him in my lary state dear reader, but he was sweet and didn't throw shit at me. For that, dear reader I respect him.
The night was rounded off by the corny disco. Although I will say one thing, the DJ did have a good collection of old 80s and 90s favourites of mine. I danced to Ice T, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Chic and some random Abba. By 1.30am dear reader, I was depressed and needed to escape this torture. I was pretty incoherent by this point and angry at the world around me.
Time to go. Go, was what I did dear reader. I left my friends and headed to the nearest food place for comfort.
Now this is where the fun began. I wondered up Maid Marion Way to notice a tall and punky looking man, head towards me. This man had a haircut like Keith from 'The Prodigy'. The fact that his hair was like this, drew my attention. The fact that his hair was multicoloured, also drew my attention. I stared at him as he walked slowly passed me. He stared back and smiled. It was almost like we were both angry about something that night but understood each other's mood without even talking!!
I reciprocated his friendly smile. He was gracious to continue to tell me that 'I was lovely and nice'. Confirmed dear reader, that I am nice! Funny words coming from the mouth of a punky looking man. I paused, dear reader and thought about these words. My lariness evaporated and my mood lifted.
By this time, I'd contemplated inviting this friendly stranger to a late bar for interesting conversation and maybe a drink or two. I declined to act on my thoughts.
I thought then, about the concept of time dear reader, experiences dear reader, random meetings with potential new friends or not. For all I know, that person may have held special significance in my life for some reason but I declined finding out about that significance.
Instead, I wondered off and comforted myself with a pitta bread and salad.
Sitting on the night bus, I thought about the random meeting of this person. Who was he? He'd made me smile in a moment of sadness and lariness. I thank him for this. So Mr Prodigy - I'll see you again - same time, same place..you made my night and reminded me of all things nice.

6 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Good story.

You're lary.

Who do you think SOldierboy is then?

Sara said...

Check out the actor guy/ Blog poster Kay Richardson? Possibly? But I may be wrong....He's got a few posts on my blog.
The poem 'My Dog' gave it away..

Sara said...

cheers for that about my story!!;)

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

But I think that Kay Richardson isn't an actor, his posts are so wrong and give away he's not an actor.

Oh well...

Sara said...

Maybe it's Tom Cowdrey from the forum really?

Sara said...

Hmm..not really on the look out to be honest..but what was so lovely was the random, friendly contact!
There's some good people out there eh! :)