Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Beauty of Radio and Riding Through the Storms

My radio station of preference tends to be Radio 4 mainly so that I can listen in and hear what's happening and indeed, listen to some of the great programmes that this station broadcasts. Yesterday's worthy listening was King's Cross Voices, whilst on my way home from work, absolutely great that I can tune in whilst sitting on the bus and hear the radio. The King's Cross Voices is a project about the King's Cross area over the years and recalling people's oral histories throughout time. My fave parts of this programme centred around the Squatter movements, housing and political collectives and the street people's lives, including sex workers and addicts. What a truly wonderful programme hearing such a diverse range of people's stories and experiences, kept me interested for the whole show and anyone who's interested in the project, google King's Cross Voices for more info!

Had a stormy weekend but the clouds have settled to a calmer place and yes, I'm starting to feel a little more at peace.. I had a visit from A last night and this was sweet to ground with him after the stormy clouds over the past few weeks that have occured due to a few reasons. We sat and watched a film together and managed to finally drag ourselves to bed for around 3am! Lovely to be with him and wake up together but sadly, work beckoned for me which I wasn't none to pleased about but hey ho, money HAS to be put on the table from somewhere but trust me, I could've easily spent the day in bed being lazy and hedonistic!

I'm enjoying work although yet again, I've been moved to 2 new hostels - 1 all male and 1 all female - good contrast and a good mix of students.

So, life feels and I hope will remain, in a calm and peaceful place..I hope so because I like peace and calm and although I am an extreme of fury and passion and middle ground is sort of reassuring at times!

I've also started to sort a small room out at home and I think I'm going to convert it into a book come meditation space - the room has a good, pretty spiritual and calm atmosphere in my opinion, I don't know why but it just does and is a good, quiet space for solitude..just need to properly fix it up!

So guys, check out Kings Cross Voices cos I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

No comments: