Monday, January 12, 2009

Pleasure and hope

Interesting week for me and nice weekend. I went out with a friend for her birthday and caught up with an old friend which was really sweet, funny and warm. We listened to some fab old punk rock in The Old Angel, a good pub in Nottingham for those who like the more punky side of things..always loved the pub when I was in my 20s and still love the pub today! I hope it doesn't become a victim of the times though!

I was invited for dinner Saturday night which too, was very special and sweet. Had a 3 course meal made for me including melon, gorgeous hot chilli with rice and a yummy cream, banana and toffee dessert! Absolutely delicious! I have to say that the night felt very warm, special and sweet and was truly appreciated! I love these sort of nights - just being warm and chilled, really good!

Not long now for my eldest son and his travels to Denmark. I was so glad to see him get out his guitar again today and it looks like he may be taking it with him to Denmark! I hope so and I hope he rekindles his passion for playing again, for he's a natural in my opinion! Would be great for him to get on the music scene in Copenhagen and really start to enjoy culture Danish style! Looks like I'll be out on a Danish hol again this year to ensure I get to see him whilst he's out there... as much as I will miss him, I look forward to spending some nurturing time with my younger son..redecorating and good time to maybe get to know each other on a different sort of level without sibling rivalry!

More to come during this week but will return to write it down..

2 comments:

The Preacherman said...

Planning on a trip to Nottingham later in the year to meet up with Farmer Dave and Barnzie.

You up for a boozy blogger night out then?

If so lemme know and I'll mail you my mobiley nearer the time.

farmer dave said...

ive not been to the the old angle for ages, used to go quite a bit in the mid 90's when there was still a proper rock scene might have to go in thurs evening for a pint, and your true so many nottingham pubs have been trashed to modern times,