Thursday, January 22, 2009

Farewells to my son

A few days and off goes my son to live in Denmark...I will of course miss him but I am looking forward to the peace and tranquility, no more arguing, no more vying for him asserting his 'male' power over me, as this does seem to have become an issue more recently. I really think being with his Dad and experiencing some male bonding will be good for him and will maybe make him think a little more. Do I sound hard? Do I sound like a bad Mum? In all honesty, I just feel like I need respite and time has now come for him to be out in the big world and become a man. He is indeed nearly 18 and has spent the last 6 months lounging around which has led to both opf us getting on each other's nerves.
I'm looking forward to spending a different sort of time with my younger son, he's been fed up of late with all of the arguements and thus, the house will feel much more peaceful for him..During the weekends too, I will get time of peace and solitude, which right now I feel in need of..

Of late, I have been thinking about how people abuse trust..I guess the hope is that people who do this have a conscience on some level and indeed, work through this..who knows? All I know is that I am very, very tired now, both in my head and in my heart..

Anyway, less of the emotional and here's to my son's farewell and last few days with me! Of course he'll be back often to visit but this time feels a little bit like a rite of passage for him..In Danish we say
'Held og Lykke, god rejse og god fornoelse' - Good luck, have a good journey and lots of fun'

No comments: