Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year Flu? Nice..

Here we are, the first week of 2009 and guess what? I have a 'flu like illness'. Probably serves me right for getting so battered NYE when I was already ill but hey, I like to see the New Year in, having fun and being with people I like being around!
New Year was good though, it has to be said; good party, nice people, good vibe etc etc.
Anyway, I'm signed off work for a week which I ain't happy about as I have had a fair bit of time off but it can't be helped. I'm also thinking of visiting an Osteopath as my arm is giving me jip and I feel that this may well help with body realignment.
So, this week it looks like a quiet one and a getting better one. I've stocked up on the vit c and pills to help with this pain and I truly hope I get well for the weekend. My friend is celebrating her birthday and I have an invite to go for a walk towards the end of the week which would be cool to blow out the Xmas cobwebs and ground the soul. These things come to us for a reason though and yes, the cosmos is telling me to slow down and rest, rest, rest!

Been reading an interesting article about Kindness and how it's out of fashion..interesting stuff and indeed when you consider the individualistic times we're living in, comes as no surprise. One thing's for sure, I live my life around people who reflect myself and those who don't, I'm afraid the thought of not hanging around has now entered my vocab - harsh for me to think as such but wisdom that has come about over time..I do have some of the greatest most sweet friends and they show me much love, care, thought, generosity and all of those things that are made of goodness..
I'm blessed to have such good people in my life and long may they continue to remain a part of my life!

Happy New Year to all and may you have a wonderful 2009..

3 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Get well please!

Sara said...

Thanking you my dear! I will.. :-)

The Preacherman said...

Lots of scotch and hot water. It'll work. Trust me I'm from Oldham.

Happy New Year babe xx