Thursday, December 29, 2005

What is love?

Hello people! I hope you all had a happy Xmas. Over the last few months I've been pondering the meaning of love. Well actually I've been pondering the meaning of love abd life since I was five years old come to think of it!
Love definition = deep affection or fondness/sexual passion.. This definition does not go into the different depths of love a person can feel on many different levels. I would like to go into this in more detail and explain what I mean.
Take the loss of my mother for example, I have never felt that sort of pain in my life. This is a pain that reaches right down, deep in the pit of your stomach and crawls up to your throat! This is obviously because of the love felt for my Mother but also the emotional grief that arises from that loss.
On another level, true love in the relationship sense of the word, is an unconditional feeling. It's a feeling that causes you deep sorrow when you say goodbye to that person. It's a feeling that is almost electric when the person you love touches you. It's a feeling that doesn't need words to express emotion..the eyes, in this sort of love, are the main communicator. Indeed in this sort of love, their happiness, is your happiness. On another level, love can be more of a surface feeling...it doesn't quite reach the depths required to totally fulfill your needs.
I have experienced many levels of love in my life but I think I've only felt deep, true love once.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are lucky Barnze and it sounds like you really have found true love!! Good on ya!! :)