Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Works out for Christmas!!

Hooray!! I finally broke up from work today for 2 whole weeks. Thats the perk of being an F.E Teacher I suppose. Although my last day at work was exceptionally boring, with no xmas spirit in my office whatsoever!! I'd much rather have clocked off at 1.00pm and headed off to the pub with a load of colleagues and had a good old drink and gab and actually feel like it's a special time. The day consisted of me and some colleagues moving office furniture around! Great!
Haven't got alot planned for the festive season. Normally I'd do a winter solstice celebration tomorrow but I'm not really in the mood for that after the death of my Mum. I'll light a candle though in her memory tomorrow night and may even get a fire going in the garden with some mulled wine to warm the cockles!!
I may even try to head off to the Peak District - one of my favourite parts of the world for some solace! One thing's for sure, I definitely want to go and see Narnia! I read that book years ago and found it magical then. So I reckon the film may bring a little winter magic into my imagination for Christmas, despite some of the bad reviews it's had. Yes, I think Christmas Eve will be spent away in fantasy land at the cinema!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cheers mate...yeh hopefully get up there soon. Otherwise in the New Year, in my favourite cottage in Edale!! ;)