Sunday, January 29, 2006

Another Day Wasted!!

Well, after another drunken night out and another Sunday spent lying around in bed and on the sofa, I've decided it's time I took a hold of this regular, debilitating, binge- like behaviour. I feel shit again today. I'm tired, dehydrated, feel sick, keep knocking into things, can't be arsed to talk to friends that ring. My face looks like shit!! Where is the once young looking beauty of last night disappeared to? I'll tell you where - to the ravages of vodka and dodgy clubbing. Yes, dodgy, dodgy, trashy clubbing, in a shite venue, with no atmosphere! Dead and lacking of any energy!!Yes dear reader, I've wasted another day.
A day that could have been better spent doing things such as enjoying the Chinese New Year festivities. I could have gone on a nice bike ride to enjoy this wonderful sunshine we have at the moment. I could have gone for a healthy swim. I could have been all refined and arty and taken in some art galleries for the day. I could have gone to a chilled cafe and enjoyed a latte. I could have read the newspaper or Naked Grafitti a second time, listened to the radio, visited my Dad, decorated, made a cake, gone to the pub for Sunday lunch, a walk down the river. What a fucking failure!
If I counted the amount of days I've spent in a debilitating state, dear reader, I reckon it would make up for about a year of my life!! At these times dear reader, I should have been taking life by the bollocks!! I've therefore decided dear reader, the next time I'm out being next Saturday at Jongleurs, I'm going to try and stick to healthy 'juice' for the night.
I wonder how long this health binge will last?

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Drinking is bad.

As is trashy clubbing, once in a while its a real blast but not regular.

Look after your face, drink ages you.

Sara said...

Luckily my face has returned to its youthful look again!! Just what a day at the office does for you!
Agreed, clubbing can be so trashy at times - Media in Nottingham is definitely one I'll never return to!
What's going on with the damned forum? Been down quite a while!!