Thursday, July 20, 2006

Moving contemplation

Today I took my son to Birmingham airport for his annual visit to stay with his Dad in Copenhagen Denmark. This entailed a train ride there and then back again.
On the journey back, I had chance to really go 'inside' my head and think about so many things that have happened recently and contemplate these things.
I realised that life does have to move on in some way. I don't like the prospect of this and although I've offered so much of myself in many ways, I realise that for some people, it's just not for them..Simple as - and in no way, should anyone ever feel the need to force something. As a good friend's Mum says

"You can't beat the forces of nature when it comes down to true love"

So, on a practical level, I hope my son has a wonderful time in the land of the Vikings whilst I have a quiet, solitary but wonderful time in the land of the Celts! I look forward to meandering along desolute beaches at sunset and sunrise. I look forward to peace and quiet and a new environment. I look forward to hills all around me and mystical myths and legends.
On my return I hope to be renewed, refreshed and enthusiatic about what lies ahead in life and let the forces of nature, guide me to my destiny.

No comments: