Sunday, July 08, 2007

Delicate as Porcelain

Gosh this weekend has been a toughie! Talk about mood fluxing! I've gone from happy to sad, to manic to tired.I've missed my Mum terribly and so needed to talk to her, all I've done though is dream awful dreams and felt generally fed up! I guess my body's out of synch and needs grounding again. Yoga for me ASAP. Anyway, miserableness aside and positive thoughts, I've just booked a long stay away in Copenhagen for my 40th Birthday, in November.Although my birthday is September, I've delayed it until November as I can fly direct from East Midlands airport to Copenhagen, YIPPEEEEE! Time to ctch up with my Danish mates, family and generally get out there and enjoy the beauty the Copenhagen beholds.
A good friend is coming with me so I can show her the sites but also Fristaten Christiania where the more 'alternative' Danish culture exists, to which I know, she'll really love.

So, all of these moods where do they come from? My kids are hard work right now and making me feel like I'm a crap Mum. I probably am. People tell me things which I really don't deserve to know, or quite frankly, need. All these things and thoughts swirl around in my head and make me feel heavy headed and ready to burst, or better still, crack. So the porcelain is trying to be more earthenware and hopefully won't crack under the pressure!
One nice thing though for me in the land of porcelain though, was the specialness of a loved one saying to me...
'what is mine is yours.'
Those words were sweet, thoughtful, caring and well received.

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Don't believe your a crap mum for one second.

Is it Denmark where the beers mega bucks or is that Sweden?

Aunt Jackie said...

Parents are always thinking they're not good enough. You have sacrificed your life in ways you don't realize giving them life, and then doing the best that you knew how to be the Mother you are. Never feel inadequate about that!

One day they will realize it and they will come and tell you they appreciate you.