Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Regressive reflection

For some reason recently, I've been regressing to an earlier time in my life. A time whem my Mum was present and I was a young woman, 18 years old, full of the joys of freedom and fun. I really don't know why I've been thinking about this time but I've come to the conclusion that it sort of feels like a retracing of emotional steps. Possibly too because all of the trauma I feel have been enduring for quite a while that is hopefully coming to a close now.

Rewinding then, 1986 was the time I met a first serious love. I wrote about this time, some time back.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I want to make a sort of pictoral history of eventful times in my life. However, one very eventful time I had backpacking with this person, I have no pictoral evidence of, only memories. Anyway, rather than dwelling on this, I managed to track down my ex via a friend, emailed him asking if he'd kindly send me copies of the photos, from the 5 week roughing it, Greek Island Trip we shared.
His reply was swift, happy and glad to hear from me. He's now very happy himself, living in Paris, married with a 5 year old son and working on some photography project with the Red Cross/peace corps in Geneva. He promised he would send these pictures on to me, when he eventually tracks them down.
I can't wait to get them, they were wonderful pictures of such beauty, happiness and such a special time for me and will make my pictoral history so rounded.
I don't quite know why I have such an urge to do this but I just do. It's odd too because at times, I do get such a sense of sadness and sorrow, coming from nowhere. I put this down to my Mum's death I think. Maybe it's hitting me more now than I realise, because I'm very much more alone now and thus, facing up to my lonely demons! Don't feel depressed or downhearted about this people though, because for me, it's sort of a good way to deal with my emotion.
Maybe subconsciously, I'm trying to get closure on many things and start anew, with a different sort of life; a life that is really what I'm about, free from anger and negative thoughts,treated with kindness and gentleness..
One day, I hope to share a few of these pictures of the VERY young Sara, with you people!I think you'll really love some of them and I hope to show you the beautiful places I visited back then, places that I wish to return to and indeed build on, some fine sunny day...

Check out this link and click on the following islands for info if you have an interest in the Greek mystical islands, just like me!
My rambling of islands consisted of:

Sikinos
Sifnos
Naxos
Folegandros
Santorini
Crete
Milos
http://www.greekbackpack.com/sikinos/index.shtml

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Many have reason to believe I was born regressed. Nowt wrong wi a bit of regression if yer ask me...