Sunday, July 08, 2007

Drift away

Always there
For those who needed me
But where are they
Now?
I need them.
Too busy
Too bored
Too irritating
Too mad
Too ‘wrapped up in their own lives/loves’
Too much believing
‘She’s strong;
OK,
Happy,
Brave,
Clever,
Needs no-one,
Likes space,
Dominant,
Drama Queen
Will be alright.
Never anymore
To be there.
Like I was for them.
Do I really need to know
My ex fancies my mate?
Do I really need to know
The lover I love, is 'not in love enough'
with me?
Sick of giving,
Listening, being, forgiving, accepting,
Sick of no-one giving
To me.
Time to give up
Time to forget.
Time to become small…
Drift away.
I have no more anymore
To give....
Empty.

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Tough reading.

Never give up.

But those that don't back you need cutting off like a dead arm.

Sara said...

Cheers Dan, sorry it's so tough. Sometimes I just get sick of feeling like I've given so much to friends and when I need a little bit of support or someone to talk to, they never return the favour, which then makes me feel lonely and sad. BUT, I've cheered myself up, theres changes got to be made and in my 40th year in September, I want the focus to change..so I've booked a good old birthday weekend in Copenhagen! I can't wait and I need to remind myself to treat myself a little more at times. xxxx