Saturday, November 05, 2005

God am I hungover!! Heavy rock rage!!

Well I went out on a rare visit to see a 3 heavy rock bands last night. Musically, these bands were great and played really well together. Furthermore, each of the bands had female lead vocals which was extremely refreshing to see in the world of male dominated heavy rock!!
However, 3 hours of heavy rock took its toll..in the form of extreme loud drunkeness! OK so this is a heavy rock thing and all that, but the music seemed to get louder whilst under the influence..I began to get what is known as 'Heavy Rock Rage!!' argggghhhhhhhh. I can handle 8 hours of dance music but 3 hours of heavy rock just topped me over the edge of insanity!I'm now feeling the pain of too much alcohol and being a rock chick for a night!!

14 comments:

Sara said...

Not as late as that...5.30pm I think I posted it..god knows...I'm still trying to get my head around this stuff!! But was a good night apart from earache all day yesterday! :)

Sara said...

How comes you can't drink anymore?
Liver problems?

Sara said...

You can still go out tho - altho it's nice to be able to drink when you go out! Diabetic maybe?

Sara said...

Sounds very sensible and disciplined!! I pretty much no my limit and stop when I'm feeling loaded!! But like to moderate drinking and lay off the booze in the week when working!
Gigs are always good! Clubbing good too, so long as the atmosphere is right... meaning chilled, friendly non-threatening environment and of course good music!

Sara said...

What the shakes through withdrawal of alcohol or caffeine buzz!!(lol)
Was that a Nottingham based cafe?Cos quite alot of cafes have open mic nites

Sara said...

forgot to add this bit!! alot of cafes in Notts have open mic nites - what was the nite for? Djing, poetry, comedy etc? Sounds good!

Sara said...

Wax is nice! I love the art in there and it's chilled. I was in there last week in fact!!
They also have nights where you can go along to discussions about specific subjects and the question and answer sessions afterwards...I was quite interested in the Gaia and Godess discussion and the environmental discussion coming up soon.

Sara said...

Well I assumed there's only a wax bar in Nottingham? I assumed also that you got my blog from leftlion forum?
You don't have to speak but just go along and listen. You can ask questions afterwards so it's not so daunting!
Are you from Nottingham then?

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.