Monday, November 28, 2005

A sad day but a life to be remembered.

Well, I never thought I'd be faced with the death of my mother so soon. Sadly she passed away unexpectadly yesterday. I'm still comprehending it all and reflecting on so many things right now.
I wrote this poem last night in betwen my tears,I just felt that I had to get something down in writing. It sums up what my mother meant to me.

For my Mum.

A rock
Is what you were to me
Solid and strong
In my times of misery.

The sun
Is what you were to me
Warm, happy
who let me be free.

The Earth
Is what you were to me
Nurturing, grounded
Your judgment never clouded.

All these things to me,
Are you
They'll live in my memory
Strong and true.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks for the support Barnze. It's all a bit strange at the moment..I suppose thats the way things are when you experience a death of someone close.
Today has been hard, as will most of this week I imagine. But fortunately I'm managing to find some humour amongst the sadness. I've also realised how very human and kind some people can be. Indeed, that's really touched me.