Friday, November 18, 2005

How not to treat a cold!

Well, I'm still trying to get over this shitty flu type thing. I thought it would be a good idea to go out last night for a hot, spicy curry in my local, favourite curry house. The theory behind this being, that a hot curry would hopefully cure my fluey thing. So I met my mates and started off with a few vodkas to kick start the curing process. I then moved on to Baileys, as this seems a winter type drink, with whisky in and therefore has some medicinal value. I then knocked back a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon accompanied by a hot vegetable Chana Zarl and cheese and chilli nan bread.
By this time, the female conversation turned into drunken debauched tales of female erotic experiences, at a tone easily that would've shocked the diners at the table the furthest away!!I even recommended that a dear friend should send her story to Nancy Friday!! We were told on at least 4 occassions to lower the tone...at least until our fellow diners left the restaurant!! I laughed hilariously all night and felt miraculously better. Even my friends commented on my voice sounding better and yes, that I had fully recovered from this cold!! He He He, what a wake up call I had this morning!! My f'n head kills, I'm full of mucus and I feel absolutely shite!! The moral of the story for me is you can't treat a cold with copious amounts of alcohol or spices!! Unless karma is responsible for my suffering!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cheers Barnze!! I like your winter pic by the way! Yeh did make feel loads better and now I still feel like shit!! Gonna have some brandy coffees in a bit ;-)