Monday, September 04, 2006

I wish I had a crystal ball

Well, tonight, quite by accident, I listened to a song that was played at my Mum's funeral - Time To Say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli.Oh dear me, how it made me cry so much to hear this tune again. My Mum really loved this song and that's why it was chosen in her honour..and indeed the title is rather appropriate to someone's passing.
I can't believe that in a few months time, it'll be a year since my Mum's passing.I can't believe how much my life has also changed in that time too;losing my Mum, going through a break up without my Mum to support me - my Mum was someone I always confided in especially about relationship problems.
I do feel though her strength sort of lives in me though. After my Mum's death, I realised how important it was for me to find 'true' happiness, because life is so precious and can be cut short without any forewarning. I realised that I had to get out there and start to live or indeed, realise my dreams, however much this may distress me at the time. I knew I'd feel better by being true to myself about my emotions and my heart.
So, in some ways, I wish I had a crystal ball now to gain some sort of insight about where my life's going to go....

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Sorry about your mum. You're welcome to mine if yer like. A crystal ball would take the fun and surprise out of it. Better not to know. just enjoy.

Sara said...

Yes, very true..it would.I will, 4D , I certainly will ;)