Sunday, February 15, 2009

Input about films

I have this week off work for the half term and Tuesday, I have a whole free day to do something alone so I was thinking of maybe heading to see a film at the Broadway Cinema in Nottingham. I'm wondering whether to go and see Revolutionary Road but there's a few other films that look interesting so I'm sort of torn..

There's also a Spanish food event happening on the same night in the cafe bar area which sounds good and interesting. I might see if my friend wants to come along with me but not sure whether he can get a bus back to his neck of the woods later on..but I think he'd enjoy a cinema trip for sure and he's def into similar films to me.

So the options are -

Revolutionary Road
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Doubt
Vicky Christina Barcelona

Hmm which one I ask you??

I had an interesting and good time last night, considering all things that have recently unsettled me greatly but the key is to rise above. I've spent far too long being understanding and tolerant that it's time to think more about my needs now and that is indeed, what I'm going to do!!

My friend, who I've known for quite a while, is recently himself out of a relationship, was good company, light easy and chilled out and good to have a friend whereby there's a platonic emphasis and understanding..we had a deep chat about his life when he was a kid and how he was beat by his alcoholic father from the age of 10 - 17 years old. He thought this was normal and was shocked when other fathers didn't do this..really sad when you think about it on that level..the amazing thing is, he's sorted in many ways emotionally.
Beats me really that he's come out of that sort of abuse unscathed, albeit with counselling and a good and supportive Dr and indeed, must possess a strong and aware mind to be as such. I queried whether he'd followed similar patterns with his own kids but he never had and believed that if he did cross that line, then there'd be no return for him..Interestingly, my son's Dad had a tough time when growing up due to his Mother being a chronic alcoholic..he took on the role of a father figure at the age of 9 and yet, he was mainly a very caring and tactile human being in many ways and I think it's a shame he never entered counselling to help him address issues of intimacy but some people just aren't ready or indeed, want to go too deep about their past which I fully understand in many ways.

Well off to bed for a long sleep and give me some help re. those films!

3 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Poles Apart, Newark 28th Feb.

Be there!

Sara said...

Cheers Daniel! Free weekend so yes, might just do a trip to Newark! Thanks

Sara said...

Cheers Daniel! Free weekend so yes, might just do a trip to Newark! Thanks