Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back to my Roots

For ages, I've wanted to get more involved with unionism. I am a member of UCU which is a college and lecturer's union and at one time before merging, was the AUT and Natfhe. Anyway, I've decided to attend the training in April, to become more active as a Rep, this means completing a module about Induction and repping which means I get to spend 2 days over in Birmingham, accommodation provided, which actually, as much as I hate the clinical feel of hotels , I'm sort of loooking forward to staying in one on my own! I'm blessed that my son's Dad will look after his son in order that I can attend this and it has to be said, I'm looking forward to being around politcially minded people again!

Tonight I'm invited over to a friend's for a party - should be good and if the mood takes me, I may head out to the city for dancing but the key is to just play it by ear.

1 comment:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Unionised labour is the only kind of labour there should be!