Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Holidays, Escapism and Darwin

I've finally made my mind up about this year's holiday. I'm credded up to the meax but I NEED a holiday and so too, does my son deserve one! I've decided on a 10 day holiday to Denmark..I'm planning to stay at a good friends in Copenhagen for a couple of nights to catch up and indeed, be in the city area. I then plan to head down to the south coast area and stay in a log cabin. This should be great for my son, there'll be lots of kids and families but also it's close to a beautfiul beach that looks out to Sweden. Also, we are close to where my eldest son is staying and this will allow me to spend some time with him.. Hopefully, we'll be able to hire bikes for the holiday and get plenty of cycling done.Surprisingly, the holiday is as cheap as it would be to stay in Jersey! I checked out loads of places, thought about Greece but realised that I need to be careful how much I do pay out but also want to see my eldest son and thus decided Denmark is a good option!

I've also planned a few days in the Peak District over Easter with a dear friend. I'm looking forward to it as we're gonna do a lot of walking, pubbing and having fun! Should be good!

Charles Darwin? I've been enjoying the programmes about him and his garden and how his theories have been abused for political means, espec when you consider the Nazi party and genocide. The programmes have been engaging and informative and I look forward to the next one! Get watching this guys if you're into theory and politics!

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

I like Jersey - actually I like Isle of Wight too... I think I like any holiday on a small(ish) island. I feel cocooned, isolated (in a good way), cut off from my reality etc.

Have a great one... we're off to America even if I do lose the job Mrs F is determined we do as we planned - we have the money already in an account and as she says "Whatever the outcome, you'll need a break and we've planned and been looking forward to this one"...

Good point... last year we didn't have a real holiday with our son starting uni and all that and I know I missed it, I never recharged myself.