Monday, March 09, 2009

So, could do with a little help from my Cyber Friends....

So, how do you deal with disbelief? By this I mean, when things finally settle in your mind about an issue and you have to deal with the reality of it? It takes things a while to work their way with me and then it finally sinks in on some level..

As you know, things ain't been too easy on the opposite sex front for me for a while. I have looked at myself and what part I play in all of this. The last relationship that I am now deciding to walk from, was one that I kept at a distance for quite some time, for fear of being hurt, then slowly and surely, I decided that letting trust build was what I should do but then have had that trust pushed into my face..
Long story and I'll spare the details but I simply can't get over the feeling of disbelief, feeling let down, hurt, sad, angry..hence me making the wise decision to walk because how can I lie to myself about potentially something that I don't agree with and that I will have to endure, if I decided to stay in a 'relationship' with said person..

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me about strategies that they have used in their past etc to help with this sort of thing. I am trying my best to distract, to ground, to find peace and calm, to recover and heal but the feelings simply overwhelm at times to the point where my stomach feels sick and I just want to blert!!

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I'm offon tour today so can't give this the thought it deserves but I will retunr to share some thoughts!

Take care.

xxxx

Furtheron said...

Difficult...

Answer is to force the move on. I'm v lucky to have been in same relationship for a long long time. However I've had close friendships that have gone awry and I'm prone to dwell on the "what might have been" or the "how it was" etc. But answer is to force the move on, sometimes just by doing stuff that ensures you occupy your brain, read, study, clean cupboards, organise your CD collection into order etc.

However that will only divert - the other thing is when the negative thoughts come in refocus on the positive about you are fine and dandy and moving on....

"Fake it to make it!" An old AA saying but relevant nevertheless.