Monday, March 16, 2009

Moving and Stilling

My world? Well I saw some good friends on Friday of last week, we went to eat and catch up with our worlds. It was good to see them but I had an urge to stay out later and thus, ended up in a bar alone, watching a live band. I got talking to a dear woman who was telling me about her marriage and her love for her husband - was very sweet! I got rather drunk though, wrote a few poems, cried about my Mum - all the sort of things we feel when alcohol is part of the equation.

The weekend consisted of me finding the energy and lust to decorate my bedroom. I found a gorgeous colour - quite by accident and totally unplanned, Dusky Damson! And what a gorgeous and sumptuous colour it is! My room looks heavenly but just needs touching up here and there and finishing off in an alcove. I also want to find either a Moroccan style light shade or a chadelier!

Today, I've been blessed with finding, at last, a Thursday day time yoga class! Hurrah! I've been searching endlessly for a class and have struggled..I loved my Thursday eve class in my hometown but I can't go anymore due to childcare issues. The day class is just what I'm looking for! I have experience - 3 years and know many of the postures and God do I feel the need the need to align my body at the moment..carrying heavy things for work really DOES take its toll on my back and Yoga is fantastic for the back and spine. I really am looking forward to the class this Thursday.. ready for some meditation, grounding and stilling..Ommmmmmm!

And this weekend, who knows.. might do a night out Saturday but not 100% sure yet but could do with a little bit of therapeutic dancing to refresh me!

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

Oh I wish it had been writing a couple of poems and crying when I got drunk... somehow it was always far worse than that.

Hope the yoga class was a hit... maybe you should get a holiday to Morroco to get the lampshade... :-)