Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hibernate for a day

I feel weird today. I feel like I should hibernate tomorrow, beings as though it's Valentine's Day and I never seem to receive anything. Yet, it's also my son's birthday, so hibernating is not allowed cos I need to make tomorrow a beautiful, special day for him, even though my heart feels full of woe.
I sent a Valentine's card last night, the first I've sent for probably 17 years! How mad is that? I didn't want a cheap tacky one with a load of writing on it, but one that was more subtle and indeed, didn't need any writing on it apart from a poem and a few words. This to me, said everything that needed to be said, to the person I've been in love with, for almost two years now.

I was so excited whilst I was thinking of the poem and indeed, other little touches to the card. It was lovely to experience this feeling of secrecy and yet declaration of feelings for someone - whether he'll know it's from me, is another matter. Whether he cares that it's from me, is another matter. I guess for him it'll be touching to wake up to loving thoughts from someone.

I think I need more love in my life.

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I got 3. I think they're from the cats. Caz gets flowers a couple of days late. They're half price then. Being half Scottish Caz approves. Ain't love grand?

Aunt Jackie said...

I guess! X(

My day was sour... dentist Visit and then no valentine's love from Mr. J... that's what disappointed me.