Monday, February 19, 2007

Time to Protest

This Saturday sees a mass protest in London against the Irag war and the replacement of Trident Missile. I'm hoping to go down to London for this, as I have the time to do this and I have huge anger and indeed feelings of injustice, about the Iraq war and its casulaties but also the amount of money being spent on Trident; being a CND member too, I feel that it's pretty much my duty to get active and show my support, along with the other protestors.
I look forward to this as it's quite a while since I protested on an 'active' level. I'm always protesting in my head and with mates, but on an active level I've been quite lazy - more because of responsibilities elsewhere than anything else. I recall the last protest I went on, was about the abolition of student grants and the protests before that, were against the introduction of the Poll Tax. I used to always do the Mayday Rally but that seemed to dwindle over time.
So time to get the banners, loud voice and a great sense of anticipation and excitement at the thought of descending en masse, to London.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Still protestin at the ripe old age of...somehow the protests never work. The 'majority' agree with you or not. Doesn't matter. the bastards'll still do what they want. We desperately need a revolution within our democratic process. Just to make it truly democratic would do. One day. maybe.