Friday, February 23, 2007

I await with gladness

I have a lot to look forward to over the next week. I have the protest tomorrow in London, let's just hope some fanatic doesn't decide to bomb the capital whilst I'm down there! I hope to possibly go for a drink and dance after the protest, indeed there's a free party on in London, until 6am Sunday morning but I fear this is a bad idea and would rather get the bus back that I'm going down there with and maybe head into the Nottingham instead.
Next Thursday is my son's 16th birthday! 16? Can you believe it? My god how time does fly. I'm having a small tea for him, he wants nothing special to happen but a take away Chinese meal and his favourite Danish birthday cake, which I'm a dab hand at making now.
Also next week, I'm hoping to visit my loved one. In fact, I can't wait to see him again, in all honesty as it's felt like such a long time, although in reality it isn't so long really. Gosh, I have so many beautiful memories of times spent with him in the past. I also have some sad memories too but I tend to dwell on the good, rather than the sad.
I remember a wonderful night when I met him in a club and we went back to his old place and had such a beautiful time together. In fact it was close to this time last year, the beginning of March in fact!
He didn't want me to leave him in the early hours of the morning but I had to because back then, I still felt a huge responsibility for my kids at the weekend. I never wanted to leave him, in fact I wanted to lie with him until daybreak and wake with him and share time together during the day, which sadly, I never got to do and the irony is now, I can stay with him and spend time but he no longer wants that.. I guess on some level he felt extremely rejected back then;I can understand why he would've felt this and it saddens me that I possibly made him feel this way.I don't feel proud about this but circumstances were different back then and are very different now.
So, wish me luck people for tomorrow and the week ahead and I wish you all a wonderful week ahead too.

No comments: