Monday, February 11, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog? That is the question..

So, I've been blogging now for quite some time and indeed, have gained alot of supportive words and enjoyable moments from people who comment..Part of me is finding myself wandering more and more away from typing my thoughts down and instead keep randomnly jotting notes down, as they come forth in my mind. I sometimes feel like I should keep my blog up then other times, I can't be bothered. My time is so limited too, I'm spending less and less time in Cyberworld and concentrating on building up my relationship with my kids because I do feel that I've been somewhat 'emotionally absent and vacant' from them a little, especially since the death of my Mother and the break up of my long term relationship. I guess really, I've had a shit load of stuff to work through as best as I could and this is where blogging has helped me..YOU PEOPLE have helped me very much, more than you'll probably ever know! I think I've managed to stay just above water although at times I felt like I was truly sinking..I guess all of these things are sent to test and guide us in some way, to the path we should be travelling on...

Tonight I watched The Wall, I love this film and I love Pink Floyd. The Wall is such an inspiring and evocative film really and it's so relevant today, as it was back then in the 80s..Memories flooded in whilst I watched this film

- Pink cardigan knitted by my grandma
- Mum and Dad's living room settee
- Excitement when the kids riot in the school
- Feeling uncomfortable yet truly in awe of such a quirky, far out film that had such a good message.
- Feeling like life was just beginning yet darkness too, has a certain attraction and magnetism


Wow, watch the film guys and let it remind you about teen/past memories.

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

The begining of the 80s - well that's when I rememebr the album from more - never liked the film version sorry it never clicked, a bit like some films where you loved the book and the film doesn't match up to your imagination.

Comfortably Numb - I should have paid more attention to the sentiments of that song then, would have saved a lot of pain later.

Anyway - the early 80s when I was a teenager who was going to change the world and it was all going to be better. Hmm - good job I'm more rational now and don't beat myself up for completely failing and becoming the image of the paraody of middle aged, middle class, middle Britain I wanted to rebel against in those days.

By the way - which one is Pink?

Nick B. said...

Yes The Wall. Mostly a good album (I still have my original copy!), the single Another Brick was pants, but Comfortably Numb gets played again and again here...