Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Women who love too much

I've started to read a book that a good friend bought for me for 40th birthday - Women who love too much. It's a sort of self help book with case studies and real life situations thrown in. It's actually struck a chord in some ways especially the bit about fear of intimacy. I'm going to take my time to read it and let it sink in good and proper and then come to my conclusions about my own life and love that I offer and indeed think about what my own situation.

Today I bought two Valentine's cards, both for my sons. I can't wait to see their faces when they wake up to a card in the morning of Valentine's Day, I just need to adopt a few new writing styles!

This weekend is a quiet one for me.I'm hpping to attend the Chinese New Year celebrations and fireworks close by and maybe go for a meal with my son to a chinese restaurant later on.. we'll see. I'm also free from work after tomorrow so time to rest a little and enjoy time with my sons for the holiday period.
The news has been interesting of late, what with the US election stuff, debates about unemployed people being kicked out of council housing etc etc, I really wonder where we're heading for the future...

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

.....always assuming we have a future of course.

I'm unusually gloomy today. soz ;)

Furtheron said...

Don't mention the election!!! After 6 days in the USA I'm glad I'm heading home. I'm sick to death of the coverage as it is wall to wall over here at the moment.