Friday, February 01, 2008

Enjoyment and light

The weekend's finally here and I'm ready to kick back. Had a chilled sort of week, did a good swim today and will do another tomorrow with the sauna thrown in for healthy glow purposes!
Jake's Dad is settling well into his place and we're getting on a lot better now that we have our own respective spaces. In fact, we shared a take away curry last night as he'd had a few more things to sort out and it seemed easier to eat together. I'm glad we're able to communicate on an amicable level. In many ways he's such a sweetheart but it's sad to think he never got his act together and chose to live his life in a way that he felt was right for him, even though it was wrong for me to be so clouded and stifled by this. I guess this is how we find out truly about others when we live with them. Oh well, 11 years was a long time to be together even though the last 3 years were very much a separate forced togetherness, if that makes sense?
So, this weekend I have a free time. My son stays with Dad 3 weekends out of 4 and thus, this is another free weekend for me. Next week will be with Jake and I'll plan to do a lot of fun things with him, Chinese New Year celebrations being one of them!
My eldest son is always out and about enjoying life; Tomorrow he babysits for my brother as it's his birthday on Monday and that'll be coiol for him to earn a little extra money! My brother will prob get arseholed and pass out - he's a bit of a hardcore drinker when he really celebrates something..

I'm off out tomorrow night to Percussion club night. I haven't been to one for quite some time so it'll be good to experience this night again..I'm hoping to meet with a few mates and then head down together. Tomorrow daytime I may do some more housey things and maybe visit a gallery..I really want to repaint my bedroom but I'm having difficulty choosing a colour!

So I here's to enjoyment and a feeling of light in my life.

Have a good weekend people :-)

No comments: