Friday, December 12, 2008

Brilliant Investigative Journalism.

I don't know whether any of my blog followers are fans of the programme Unreported World on C4, but I love this programme. It amazes me that so much news goes unreported and not just ordinary 'mundane' news but news that really gets to the point and indeed, has a BIG point to make. Tonight's programme, I missed the first 15 mins which was a pain because I didn't get the whole gist but it focussed on refugees fleeing Ethiopia, Somalia and walking to Saudi Arabia in the hope of a better situation. Walking through desert land with ONE and I mean ONE bottle of water to sustain them! And here we are in the 'free world' wasting so much water, food and money.. In this day and age it seems to utterly unfair and cruel that people are starving to death, having to flee and be dislocated from their homelands due to famine, drying land and wars. It seems so poignant that the wealthier continue to get wealthier and yet the poorer and absolute poorer struggle in a way that is difficult to comprehend. Hurts the heart for sure..and maybe sometime in the future, my calling might be to work abroad in such countries in the aid organisations depending on where my path in life leads me..

Today, I've had a real lazy day. I was going to do so much but in the end, I just enjoyed being in my 'home' and doing small jobs around the house, listened to music and read some more Maya Angelou. I've been listening to some Sinead O Connor, still love her voice and her version of Sacrifice, is outstanding! Her voice continues to completely draw me right in..she was blessed with such vocal talent!

Tomorrow, I hope to swim and sauna and feel fresh in this cold wintery weather that I love so much! So you political animals out there, get watching Unreported World!!

1 comment:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

It's better than The Scum that's for sure...