Monday, December 29, 2008

Memorable Thoughts and feelings of 2008

2008 started off wonderfully, around good people and in a very happy and positive way. I'd say for me, 2008 has been a sort of moving on concluding year..a sort of emotional understanding year. A year that has enabled me to put things in context and indeed, realise what I will not accept from people.. a growing and a understanding that maybe, I used escapism as a way of coping with the many difficulties I had faced since the death of my Mum.

In 2008, 2 of my good friends became pregnant, one has had a dear baby boy and the other friend is awaiting the birth of her baby girl, who is due in the next few days! I can't wait and I'm really excited about the baby arriving for her!

I enjoyed two brilliant and happy times at a local festival. Much laughter and happiness was unearthed.

My eldest son seems to be at a point of realisation that he would like to live in Denmark for a period of time - good on him I say!

I attended my first footie match in years with my youngest son, he and I both loved it and it was great to bond with him on this level.

I have sweet memories of friends coming to visit me throughout the summer months, sitting in my garden making fires and getting cosy whilst dusk changed to darkness..happy times, sweet times.

I haven't cried as much as I did in 2007. The things that have made me cry have mostly been down to emotional issues with others..I guess this has taught me a lot about what I want to accept in my life and indeed, that I want to retain my true sense of sincerity, loyalty and old fashioned ways..I don't want modern, casual relationships any more. I would rather be alone than a random 'buddy' to another person..I like old fashioned ways when it comes to love and attachment and I see nothing wrong in this..However, I'm also starting to think there's great value in alone time and that happiness has to be with yourself..

My son's Dad has stuck to his word and been a good father to our son in that he has kept to the childcare arrangement and not let his son down..I'm proud of him for this and I'm even more glad for my son to have his father as a constant in his life.

I have met some new sweet people who talk openly and are very kind people..as the saying goes, 'like attracts like and goodness brings goodness' I firmly believe this.

I finally got to travel to Greece again which for me, was fabulous to walk on Greek soil again, bathe in the Aegean, admire the Greek scenery, way of life and culture and meet dear people whilst I holidayed..a wonderful experience for sure.

I realised that home, kids and me are more important than slogging my guts off in a job to be completely tired out and devoid of energy for my kids and self. I cut my working week for this purpose and I know this has completely been the right decision for me and the welfare and well being of my kids and myself.

I stand true to the belief that people who treat you in a bad way, should be treated only with kindness, for then they see the error of their ways and maybe, try and change things. Of course wisdom means that at times, some friendships may have to be lost along the way, but the hope is that those true friends that we have, will remain and stay true, practice honesty, sincerity and loyalty.

Many more to add to this list when I feel more awake and have had more time to think...

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

Happy New Year Sara - I hope 2009 is a great year for you.

Intersting retrospection

Sara said...

Happy New Years to you too!