Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Vibes, Messyness and Thank the Lord for the likes of Maya Angelou

Wonderful weekend in my world! Spent a lazy Saturday pottering and not doing much and then headed to my mate's to drink winter Baileys to warm up for our night out! Had a few drinks in The Turf and then headed to my friend's Xmas Charity event party which was really good; great atmosphere, good music and a good selection of different music genres, nice and friendly people and an invite to the afterparty, which was again, a good vibe with good music. I must've danced for a good 9 hours!
My friend ended up in a messy state and I had to ensure she was OK but needed to get back home for 7am to ensure my son got to work on time so I ended up leaving her on the settee at the afterparty, in the hope that she wouldn't choke on her own vomit! Not a nice thought to leave someone in a comatosed state but she's an adult and there were other comatosed people who I'm sure would've all been an all inclusive and supportive environment! A good friend also stayed behine to help her and not many men who'd only just met a woman who'd been puking, would stay and look after said comatosed mate!
I had a sweet comment made about me from a friend who said that I was
'The one star, unlike any other Sara and different to most British women but free in the mind and an energy like no other!'
Made me smile and feel warm to be told such niceness..and indeed that these qualities shine through, I like this and it's sort of good to feel the qualities are seen by good friends..So a happy weekend and no doubt more goodness to come over the next few weeks!

Been reading a great book by Maya Angelou, Even the stars look Lonesome. A really good book with excellent references to historical happenings and indeed, great quotes throughout regarding poverty, powerlessness, sexuality and humanity. A really interesting and life affirming read!

Contemplating what to do for NYE as I think it's a free one for me in Motherworld which means hopefully, I could do something with A, go away some place or just party or whatever comes in the direction..we'll see! Two more days and Xmas shopping and decoration time!

No comments: