Monday, September 24, 2007

The last flower of Summer

He walks in the room
To my surprise
Yet I did wonder -
Would he?
Will he?
Dare he?
And did he indeed.
An offering
Of kindness,
Wise words,
Missing me,
Reflection
And the goodness,
That had become
Of spending time apart.
Alone in our thoughts -
Contemplate actions,
Words, feelings
Hurts, sadness.
And now?
Autumn once again
Returns.
Past thoughts buried,
Like the last flower of summer,
Shying away to rot
Into the dark soil.
Gone and forgotten.
Yet autumn has reborn
A love that always exists
Remains
In place.
Intact,
Everlasting, everpresent
Evergreen..stronger.
I can't pretend to hide
These feelings
I won't deny, or try to find
Replacement.
For to do this
Is a lie.
Even it means to be alone,
And time passes me by,
Maybe our time will come,
Always believe it will,
Deep in my heart.

4 comments:

Furtheron said...

Very good.

I take it this is reflective of the weekends activities and meetings you blogged about earlier.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Whoops, summat went wrong there on my last comment lol. Yeah, you got it - have you ever met a person who you know you MUST see again? Well this person is that one, 2 1/2 or so years on. :-) Blimey!

FOUR DINNERS said...

You can't write poetry like that and say 'Blimey!'

That's like me writing poetry and saying 'E by eck!"

It's a lovely one by the way