Sunday, May 18, 2008

Am I so unworthy?

Why is it when you send someone quite a few texts, they fail to respond? OK, I understand why people might not respond on a few occasions but if it's continual, then.....

Is it because they're trying to avoid you?
They're too busy?
They can't be bothered?
They want rid of you?
They forget?
They've got something/someone better to think about?
They don't value you, as much as you value them?


I don't 'get it'? When people text me, I always try my best to return the text back and indeed,out of respect for that person will try to reply as soon as I have time to..it makes sense and it's polite to do that, imo.

Sometimes I HATE mobile phones, maybe it's time to ditch the mobile forever and let people ring me or write letters, like in the olden days...

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

even more annoying is when it's one of your kids and you know that they get free texts... !

I think the whole art of communication is completely lost these days.

Sara said...

I agree with you there about the art of communication - people just take each other for granted and the like and thus, loyalty, sincerity etc, seems to get thrown away as something meaningless..beats and upsets me, it really does :-(