Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Weekend Thoughts..

This poem came about after remembering a special time shared with A on Saturday night/Sunday morning! Gosh, will I ever stop being such an airy fairy dreamy woman?
:-)
I wish I'd have been born a songwriter and could make money out of writing poems and songs!


Lap of retreat..

The weight of the head softens,
As it rests wearily,
On the fire of my knees,
Warming the soul -
As he breathes,
Gently.
To and fro..
Up and down.
Without a frown -
Peaceful and sound.
Sleep tired one -
Sleep.
Refresh the mind,
Let it unwind -
To a place of serenity.
Imaginary Serengeti.
Love a' plenty.
Locks, take a tumble,
Freefall flames a softly..
And in them -
Their softness -
I fumble..
Feeling the heat -
Sparks in my hands,
Burn to my feet.
Beautiful retreat..
Blissfully complete..

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

You should look about on sites like Partysounds.co.uk and either ping songwriters looking for collaborators or adverstise yourself as a lyrisist. (spl?)

I used to write my own material but largely the lyrics totally sucked... tunes weren't much better either... :-) That's why I normally just play other peoples stuff now.

Anyhow - I bet there are bound to be people out there who'd love a decent lyric writer to help them out.

Aunt Jackie said...

That is fabulous! Who says you can't be a songwriter?? Some of my lyrics have been poems that I wrote and turned into songs... and then some of them were songs that just seemed like poetry. Then there are poems for the sake of poems. Whatever the case, writing is wonderful.

Great one!