Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bring on the Beautiful Times

What a hectic, mental weekend! I went to the OTT Festival with my friend Anna and Lorna to celebrate Lorna's 30th birthday..I'm a bit of a hedonist at these gatherings and sooon realised that my friend's pace is somewhat different to mine..My idea of a festival is
1. Get tent up
2. Crack open a beer
3. Laze around for a bit in the sunshine
4. Walk around to see what the score is
5. Head to hear music and carry on with drinking/smoking etc
6. Dance, Dance, Dance
7. Chat to people
8. Don't leave the bar/dance area til at least 4am
9. Philosophise with mates
10. Sleep...evetually when the sun starts to rise!

My friend? She passed out on all nights by 7pm. Once, cos she smoked too much weed, twice cos she smoked too much weed, got the munchies and had to sleep, third time? Ate too much hash cookie and passed out never to be seen again until Monday a.m! Laugh? I nearly wet myself with this bless her..Luckily, I knew a great group of people from Sheffield/Chesterfield who I hung out with once mt friend had passed out..I also met some new people who are in a band that I like - really sweet people and good fun too..
I felt at home with all of the people and they are all so kind and sharing that they're the proper sort of people who get well into the festival vibe - one thing I HATE WITH VENOM is when people put up wind breakers around their tent sort of making a little fence like structure..don't we already have enougn restricting structure in our lives to have to stick up a srupid fence like thing at a festival? I almost went on a fence wrecking mission during the festival but decided the better of it.

It would've been nice if A would've been there to share these times but alas, he wasn't.. Ah well, maybe some time in the future but we'll see..

So, drank too much, took too many strange substances, dance too much, laughed a lot, smiled and felt at peace..felt loved and appreciated by those around me and generally felt like the world is reflecting who I am..a woman, who I made friends with calleed me 'Beautiful'..I was touched! I don't know if anyone has ever called me this in my life cos I don't think I am physically beautful! To her, I was and that was a humbling experience to be told this..

I had a sweet call from an old mate, who I met in jersey last year when he was holidaying with his then girlfriend..sadly they split but randomnly I receive texts from him..anyway, he was over on the mainland this week but we missed each other due to me being away and him heading back to jersey.. It would be cool to meet up with next time he's over in the UK..in about 4 weeks apparently..hear how things went with him and the ex girlfriend and have a good old chat! I have fond memories of my Jersey hol and he was extremely kind and generous..I remember getting drunk with this couple and then me and him were betting each other to head for a midnight swim..it didn't happen but I would've definitely gone for a swim in the dark, I love midnight/late at dipping, it's awesome!

So, life feels good at the mo.. I miss A and his loveliness and presence but he seems busy and distracted with other stuff, I don't want to put pressure on him but it would be sweet to share some sweet time with him again soon..who knows let's see what the universe unfolds for me..

3 comments:

The Preacherman said...

2 sounds just right ;-) x

Furtheron said...

One of those cringing memories....

From my manic drinking days. We were on a works do at a posh Chateau in France. We'd wreked the lawn playing a violent game of football straight after dinner, then much drinking later at about 2am I bet a very drunk female colleague she wouldn't go for a skinny dip with me in the duck pond. She stupidly agreed.

It was freezing and the pond was a long way from the house so it was very very dark - like black! I stripped off and jumped in. Then I heard her do the same. In a few seconds she was splashing like crazy. I'm a strong swimmer she was not and it was so cold she was struggling. I dragged her out just as a crew sent to find us appeared. Oh my God was that one embarrassing scene the next day. I'd nearly killed one of the team with a stupid drunken dare and then the hotel owner moaned the ducks were frightened. Plus ducks shit in their ponds and that isn't good stuff to swallow.


I'm more sensible now.... marginally :-)

Sara said...

bLIMEY foutr, what a story! The hotel owner sounds like a nightmare LOL..The things you do though eh through the aid of substances? A funny memory for sure but glad the female colleague was OK :-)