Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Memories and The Flaming Lips

I put on an old CD by The Flaming Lips,I love the trcak Vein of Stars MASSIVELY and haven't heard this CD in ages and it's weird how you associate images with certain songs albums..This CD takes me back to July 2006, just before I went on my holiday to Harlech, Wales.. I have fond and special imagery in my head regarding this CD..weird how the mind takes you back to this special time, imagery and feelings..
Music is such a precious and spiritual gift, where would be without music? It was good to revisit these thoughts and imagery and gave me a warm feeling in my heart..

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

Here's a thought I've often had... what is it that separates humans from other species?

Our mastery of technology, inventiveness, ability to build stuff? Don't know we do it without enought knowledge/thought of the overall impact to the rest of the planet that you could give a legitmate argument that that is a failing of ours not a good thing....


ART - that is what I think separates us from the others... music, descriptive writings, imagination..... creativity... these things will live on beyond the technological age we are now in whatever happens as a consequence of that. I personally think at some point it'll all crash. I hope humans survive with their art and creativity but in a new way better connected to the rest of the planets inhabitants.