Sunday, May 04, 2008

Meditation, Spontaneity and Peace in The Meadows

Anyone been to a Buddhist meditation before? I went on Friday to the Nottingham Buddhist Centre for the hour meditation and lunch afterwards. The guided meditation was fantastic, inspiring, positive and very grounding. I also learned new techniques for conquering negative thoughts and feelings..very good. The people there were warm, friendly, kind and non judgemental..just the sort of people I like to be around. I sat and had lunch with an elderly man who was also a Quaker but dipped into different spiritualism for his own personal reasons. I will definitely be making the centre a weekly, where possible, occurrence. Afterwards, I met some friends for coffee, got invited to see a gig by an old friend, bumped into a sweet work colleague from years ago and had a really positive day.

I decided to go to the gig, although it wasn't really my preferred choice, I had a good time all the same. UK Subs, would you believe, a good laugh and a pretty sorted band I guess. I then contacted A about popping by to his and he asked if I wanted to link up with him and his mate as they were in the city having a drink, to which I did. I met them about 1am and we stayed in the bar til 3am and then went back to A's for music and discussion. I ended up staying at his until today..It was nice to spend time with him again, was quite a full-on time, but fun and sweet to be in his company again. We ended up walking to the shop together to buy some wine and although he lives in a perceived dodgy area, I remarked on how peaceful and calm his area is..lots of beautiful blossom trees everywhere, birds singing and a general feel of inner city tranquility..
I do have such strong feelings for A and to feel his head resting and sleeping on my knees was beautiful and special...I decided to leave about 4.30am as I woke up whilst he was still asleep on the sofa..I thought it'd be better to get back to mine and rest in my bed..

I think seing him again has been good for me. I also realise that I need to keep focussed on my life aswell and not get lost and too focussed on him. At the moment, I need to be focussing on me and my kids but it would be cool to think that he's in my life on some level...We'll see.

Tonight? I may head to a BBQ but I don't want to overdo it..I know I'm capable of becoming very tired right now and thus, need to practice self preservation of my mind and energies!

So, the Buddhist experience has been a positive one, so much so, that I'm thinking of doing a course there in a few weeks time and I also invited A to come along if he desires this..And the time spent with A again, has too, been a positive one..

Here's to the positives of having a precious life, family and friends...

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

I've not done the Buddist thing but a friend of mine swears by it