Monday, July 21, 2008

Blessed to be around green-ness!

Gardens? I love them. I feel blessed that I have one and try to use it as much as possible during the summer and for that matter, through to late November! I always try to have a Halloween Party outdoors and always make sure I get a good fire going. My garden is smallish but contains the most beautifullest of evergreen tree., I think it's a Larch tree but then, when I look at tree identification books, it sometimes looks like some other tree! Anyway, since the weather has been a little better today,I sat outside with my good friend Lorna from 2pm until late! We sunbathed, took pictures of a beautiful flower that spings to life right now, read the newspaper, girlie talked, drank wine, ordered and ate take away, got cold as dusk fell and so I lit a fire and we sat at my table with candles and fire alight and just enjoyed being. It has to be said, I'm a CONTROL FREAK, when it comes to fires and maintaining their flames. I get psychotic about keeping the flames alight and indeed, ensuring there's anough wood to burn. It's highly amusing and yet an issue for my counsellor to deal with I feel, when I visit her this week. After Lorna had left, I sat outside until just before midnight and just enjoyed the stillness and calm that this time of the evening brings; quietness and tranquility everywhere. I think it should be a right that every household has a green space. It just gives another breath of air into life and without this, I feel humans aren't in tune as much..Sounds like hippy tripe I guess but for me, nature is a profound and healing force and energy.

I have also been reflecting about the weekend that's just passed and feel warm in my heart when I think about the very sweet memories. Friday night, I must've been irritating somewhat, as A was filling out an application and all I could do was interrupt him and laugh out loud at the book I started to read at his..He forgave me though, well at least his actions seem to prove this! I laugh a lot when I'm with him and at times, I feel like I regress into childlike behaviour, which is all very sweet!

Hopefully, a good friend is going to be in Nottingham on Sunday evening. She's stopping over in the UK for a week whilst visiting family during a break from her job in Mauritius. Will be truly lovely to see her and I think I'll probably cry when I do. We've been through many emotional times together and the cord of love is strong so I feel that my emotions will get the better of me when I do see her again and catch up! Bearing in mind, this is a friendship that has now spanned over a good 15+ years and still beats strong..

I also hope to see A at some point and to laugh and get close to him again..for human closeness and intimacy is one of the most beautiful things on the planet! Apart from trees, nature and gardens of course!

1 comment:

The Preacherman said...

love my garden too. Peaceful. I sit there and watch butterflys and dragon flys and even wasps drinking from my pond. Most relaxing place I've got.

Nice to hear you're laughing a lot. Nowt wrong wi laughter and acting like a kid. Do it all the time.