Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Seriously consider?

I was talking to my eldest son's Dad last night about our son and Denmark. My son is enjoying it over there and knuckling down in his uncle's restaurant being a general help all around, this is good for him to gain such experience and opportunity. Luckily, the Chef is an Australian guy which means, there is no issues surroundimg language problems.
My son's Dad was also discussing jobs over there and said that with my experience, he feels that I'd walk straight into a job! This is a dilemma I continue to have regarding moving to Denmark again. My youngest's sons Father lives in England and I wouldn't want to move him away from his Father. He's settled in school and doesn't talk Danish..but there are alternatives of course in Denmark, such as the International Schools.
A large part of me feels that I learned a lot from Danish people and their openheartedness, this I miss in the UK.. I love the warmth and sincerity of Danish people and miss this back here. I'm not implying or indeed, generalising that Brits aren't warm etc but there's just something very wholesome about Danes and indeed, their honesty and sincerity that I continually miss.. anyway I wrote this a while back about what Denmark did for me and it sort of makes me want to go back and settle down there again and be around these people - in many respects, it still feels like a sort of spiritual home..

What the Danes did for me...

Reminded me what it was, to be open hearted, sincere, honest, respectful, loving, free, giving, admiration of all, empathic, understanding and most of all, saved me.

My parents, friends, school, music, sub cultures, England and Denmark made me who I am. Of course, I believe we are all born with certain characteristics but the nurturing we receive, in whatever way, makes and defines who we are..

ME?
The Drama Queen,
The singer in the garden,
On the makeshift stage,
Letting out my rage,
Turning life's page.
Laughing and smiling,
Sparkly eyes crying.
Extrovertly shy.
Wore my heart on my sleeve -
Always believed.

1 comment:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Here, here! I love the Danes, great people, indeed love all the peeps from those parts, Norweigens are cool as are Swedes and the Finns are badass!