Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cyberworld to reality

Life is what happens along the way.How very true. I'm spending less and less time in cyberworld and more and ore time in reality - much more fun. Cyberworld has its place of course in times of boredom and isolation but real life happenings are much more fulfilling!
I've had a good week since I last posted. I attended my firat counselling session. Was interesting and weird but gave me the chance to air a few things - however, this airing in some ways, left me feeling quite emotionally wrought for the rest of the day and put me in an odd mindset. I will continue though and see how things go although I have told the counsellor, who is very sweet, that I want a challenge and want strategy..not sure if she's getting what I mean but time will tell!

I spent much of my weekend doing just as I wanted - being with A. I visited him Thursday night and in some respects, I feel he got some of the counselling aftermath from me, which I guesss when the emotions have been opened up, they do come out at odd moments!
Friday, I went shopping for holiday things and thenagain, A decided to come to mine whereby I cooked us some food and we chilled outside for a bit..Saturday was complete laziness but utter bliss - bed, beer, takeaway, DVDs, playfulness, sleep!
Sunday, I had an arrangement with my good friend Michelle who is home at the mo on holiday. She currently lives in Mauritius and thus, was great to catch up. If finances allow, I will go and visit her out there next year but I'll do it alone without my kids because the flights are so expensive..assuming of course, that Jake's Father will be willing to look after Jake for a week to 10 days. Would be great to so something like this with A but time will tell. I do so love being around him. It feels easy, light, loving, fun, happy, jokey, pleasurable and sweet. It also seems that we manage to air out any issues that come apparent, which is good and I guess this is where honesty and good communication help.

Back to my friend Miche, I spent the whole afternoon and evening with her and her partner and was lovely to catch up, share thoughts and suchlike. I think Mauritius is changing her but this is inevitable as once you leave a place behind, it opens up a whole new vision of the world.. and England does always feel so 'small' when you return - I remember this feeling after I'd lved in Denmark for a period of time.

A week to go until my wonderful Greece holiday - looking forward so much to it as is my son..A friend is happily staying staying in my house whilst I'm away to house and cat sit..and gives her a break from being in the inner city - which is pretty helpful for me!
I really can't believe that I've got such a wonderful holiday to look forward to! It will do me the world of good and will aid mine and Jake's mum/son relationship...wonderful stuff and just to be in those tavernas, the sea, swimming pools and pine forests is filling me with excitement! Let's hope the plane won't have a dodgy hole in its side! Scary stuff!

No comments: