Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Attach - Detach? Attach? Confused!!

So, my head is heavy and many thoughts are wizzing around my head so to alleviate this, I wrote this poem..it's a way of dealing with the modern day way of human relationships which quite frankly, I must be an old fashioned girl! I'm proud of being as such and don't ever want to change!

Double Barrel Mineral

Detachment?
Is like cutting your heart out -
Placing it on the mantel piece marble;
Cold, lonely, ornamental, compartmental.
Blood flowing nowhere -
Dripping into thin air,
Isolated,
And merging
Into a dead lake
of salt -
That hardens to a crystal
Forming pistol -
Shooting right through the heart,
Sustaining isolation apart!

Attachment
Is living in your heart,
Consuming energy from a fire,
Glowing, warm, pulsating desire,
Blood flowing freely,
To organs connected - totallity,
Wholesome.
And pulsating
Into a wild volcano
Of heat
That flows like red burning lava,
Forming passion,
Erupting manically in the heart
Fulfills the hole... WHOLE!!



So, I'm trying to think of things to keep me busy over the next few days. Maybe I'll hire a DVD , I haven't seen 'Control' yet and would really like to see it! I also will pay a visit to the library as I'd like to borrow a few books. One a book poetry called
'Revolutionary Letters' by Diane di Prima
and another called 'Animal Omens' about animals and spirituality..I'm also thinking of reading Interventions by Noam Chomsky but will see if they have this in the library!

I'm pondering whether to go to a Demo night at Blueprint but am seriarsely skint so maybe I just need to relax and have a quiet weekend and maybe cycle over to A's to pick my dress up. It would be sort of useful to see him aswell so that I can chat with him about stuff and maybe get some happy medium. Hmm difficult stuff.

No comments: