Saturday, September 27, 2008

Is the fuckin world insane or what?

So, we're heading to a really bad recession. And yet, splashed all over the media are still, crappy celebrity news reporting - like this is supposed to make us feel a load better? Like we're supposed to think that by reading this shite, our country's troubles will depart us? Serious fuckin bullshit! I can't believe what this country is turning into! What happened to people being bothered? I feel that as a nation, many of the public are completely dumbing down. I cycled to my swimming pool today which happens to be in University grounds and I noticed all of the new Freshers; tanned, white teeth smiles, classy clothes, designer looking clothes, wannabe looking celebs..where are the rads amongst these people?

It amazes me to be completely honest and please don't think I'm criticising these people, I'm criticising the system we're finding ourselves in..

What about all of those people whose livelihoods are being wiped away as we speak? Where's the news reporting about this? I ain't seeing much and I ain't hearing much anger or worry amongst people..

I've been recently inspired by taking notice of some of Naomi Klein's stuff - The Shock Doctrine..interesting stuff..I've also been reading some poems by Diane di Prima, who was a beat poet, back in the day! I love her work..truly inspiring for sure. All of these thoughts take me back to my original thoughts that the way Capitalism works is so unsustainable and still only benefits certain parts of society..and indeed, the world.

So maybe my angry head is on today cos I'm off out to hear some punk bands tonight..I've sure as hell been kicking some angry ass this week. This ain't usually me, but the feminine softness only lasts so long and then it reaches EXPLOSION proportions!! Time to channel my anger into something worthwhile and hopefully attend the CND protest in October if time permits..

No comments: