Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blessed is the anger, for it brings forth new territory

Wow, what a weekend! I thought I was going to have a quiet and chilled time of it but that one, yet again, didn't happen! Yesterday, I went for a lovely swim, wrote a new poem about love and expectation for the future, read some of Diane Di Prima's poems, read a few pages of a book about OCD.
I spoke to an old friend, who I haven't seen in ages and we decided to go out into the city and go out did we! Early bird drinking hath wrath! We manage to cram in The Rose of England, almost The Thurland - but it was empty! Wax bar, The Lord Roberts, The Old Angel..ending up in a cyber techno night which was fun and a good crowd of people.
I received a phone call from A asking to come and meet me in the pub. Of course I couldn't say no and even though we'd had a fall out and he'd felt the wrath of my anger, things have cooled and moved to a better place...
He's like my playmate, bringing much love, fun, silliness and laughter when I'm around him..even though we have destructive moments at times, he feels so easy and comfortable to be around and to feel such comfort and ease is a lovely thing really.
So we met up and he returned with me, in my very bad and drunken state and met my eldest son Anton for the first time..I feel that maybe, we're entering a different sort of territory with each other, which is a good thing..Maybe we just know each other's moods better..and maybe, we're thinking a little more ahead about planning things which can only be positive..

Was good to chill today, I read a few chapters from the OCD book that I've borrowed from the library, to A, which made us giggle a little and we did contemplate going for dinner but I was feeling too crap and so thought the better of it.

Been thinking alot about attending a CND protest in October at Aldermaston and also possibly attending a poetry reading in October..time will tell. I'm also contemplating doing a music course - A thinks my mixing skills are pretty good and that I fit music together well, after doing a load of mixing at his a few weeks back! I also enjoy doing this as I feel it takes me into a great place mentally - the ability to lose oneself in music is a real wonderful escape and creativity. All of this active thinking and action, is so healthy and so inspiring for me, cos I know I'm the sort of person who needs a lot of stimuli to keep me feeling like I'm alive and living as I should be, as a human being!

No comments: