Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dawn of a new sunrise?

Obama for President? How touched and hopeful was I when I heard that news this morning? I listened to his speech and it really made me more emotional than I thought! For one thing, he's the first ever black president of the USA and two, I liked what he had to say about the US uniting and people coming together..I truly hope he changes things for the people fo America not only for those who struggle but also for those who want equality and freedom and indeed, the hope of an end to the attrocities that continue to happen in the Middle east. Maybe there could be fresh dialogue about Israel and Palestine question..One thing's for sure, it's gonna be a hard and tough job along a long road!

Nearly 3 years ago, was the death of my Mother..a few more weeks and there we have it. I know death affects us a lot more than we care to admit. Death of a very close loved one, especially a mother, changes you in many respects, there is always a certain emptiness that never existed before and a different sort of low that I don't think you really experience on this level. It's hard to describe but it's there and I know how I feel..The cliche time makes things better is true but the hole that exists is paramount..I guess too for me, many things changed in the time close to and after my Mum's death and I don't think I've dealth with them all. Maybe it's time to deal with these issues as I last mentioned to my counsellor..we'll see. So in many respects I'll be counting the days down and sometimes I just wish my Mum would appear to give me some guidance about things but I know this is silly thinking and I guess it just shows how close we were as people for sharing thoughts and feelings..Indeed, when you've talked to yourt Mum most nights for the good part of your life albeit with a few gaps inbetween, this is hard to comprehend and thus, loneliness can take over at times.

Hmm. I'm hoping to attend a Yoga session tomorrow night all being well and assuming my son will babysit! I look forward to some grounding and realise how much I need this, I really do!

4 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Hope is back, joy is back, so is America.

YEAH!

humanobserver said...

what a touching post ! I hope the new president of the USA will bring more peace and prosperity to the world.....

Furtheron said...

Your comments about your Mum ring so true with me... 2.5 years since she went and I still really miss her. Part of me can't accept that I'm now the older generation in our family. Hell I'm even a Great Uncle now...

Sara said...

Yeah Hope is such a good thing and glad my post touched!
Missing parents is a difficult one and yeah, I guess I just write what I truly feel..